Saturday, April 4, 2015

What Linked In Taught Me



A miracle fell into my life today by its glorious parachute. I’d just been introduced to LinkedIn, and guess what, in the first few hours I’ve known its presence; it has already changed my life. I’ve heard of the website before. At first, I thought it was just another social network bound to make me lonelier, an alternative social site to boast where I’ve been or what awards I’ve accomplished.

Setting up my profile made me see life as it is, that this is who I am and these are what I offer into the world. The website made me aware of my identity. Even if my profile is barren and cold, my soul is burning with something far more precious. This passion would not have been made possible if I hadn’t known that site.

First of all, it allowed me to peek into my personal self. I realized I still have a lot of things to work on in shaping my character. I have to build up my self-esteem, self-confidence and learn to ease my mild social anxiety. These serve as a foundation to make way for more goals to achieve.

 Linkedin also caused me to have a career-oriented mind. More and more teens are getting involved in risky lifestyles such as drinking, smoking, taking drugs and engaging in sexual practices. I’ve personally seen ladies who became mothers at a young age. Personally, I know how difficult it is to raise a child from my observations on my own siblings. I’ve seen it all from the costs, to the tantrums, and especially babies who are prone to diseases. Being a mother isn’t a joke. It’s far from easy. Joining the site gives me reminders to be busy in some other way. There are a lot of things to preoccupy myself. There are so many ways to spend this immense energy I have in myself as a teenager.

For the last three years of my life as a minor, I will spend it to improve myself, learn new skills and gain new experiences. Most importantly, I would like to hone the traits needed in this competitive world: Discipline, good work ethics, punctuality, resourcefulness and a whole lot more.

Final word, flockmates? Greatness does not simply come to us. We have to choose to be great, and work our way to greatness. Like Happiness, peace, health and positivity, Greatness is a choice, or perhaps, a decision.


Decide to be great. Dare to be great. C:

No comments:

Post a Comment