Saturday, March 28, 2015

Getting my Reading Spree Back



I’m not much of an avid reader, but I realized something about myself this very day. I realized that I do not love to read because of the mere act of doing it, but I love the new insights I receive. Books carry you on a trip to anywhere! I was born with a vibrant imagination, and I think this is why I’m fascinated with words, and is interested in the art of crafting literary works.

I have a collection of encyclopedias in my room. Growing up, I was surrounded with books; hence I became aware of their importance and wonder. That collection gave me a good start for my preschool days up to elementary. Unfortunately, the spree ended when I was in 4th grade. Those were the times when I was driven by the writing spirit. I discovered the thrill of letting other people read the silly stories I wrote. Their reactions were interesting to watch, and I felt the fuzzy feelings one could get if someone actually liked something you created.

But anyway, I am trying to get my reading spree back. Those encyclopedia collections I have? I haven’t finished reading them yet. My goal is to fully explore it by the end of summer. 

What’s in it for the Nothingale? A lot, actually. For me, reading can be a powerhouse for inspiration. At the end of every passage, my mind savors the new knowledge like a piece of candy. From there, new wonders burst like geysers.

A while ago, I realized something else in my personal self.

Reading actually relaxes me.

So, yay! Plenty of stuff for this bird to sing about! (Or let’s say, rant about)  
.
.
Do you also like to read, flock mates? What do you think of encyclopedias?

Never stop the thirst for learning ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment